Saturday, June 28, 2008

Chocolate Mini Brownies

I'm not a HUGE fan of brownies or desserts in general, so to see a dessert recipe here is going to be a rare occurrence and chances are its b/c I made it as a gift. These are an exception b/c I wanted chocolate which is insanely rare for me. So this recipe represents how I eat dessert: in little amounts. I also have been know to eat these with peanut butter for breakfast.....

Chocolate Mini Brownies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup millet flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp coffee, room temp (optional)
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 300F
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together to blend.
3. Using a mixer, add eggs, coffee, and vanilla and beat until mixed.
4. Spray a mini-muffin pan with cooking spray and fill 2/3 full.
5. Bake at 300F for 10-15 minutes until crispy on top. Let stand in the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack & cool. Eat warm or cool.

2 comments:

Loki said...

I am totally making these today, except with dark chocolate instead of semi-sweet, because that's what I have and I don't want to go out.

gretamargreta said...

Did you make them? How did they turn out?